Rutgers I-Corps Site
Applications are open for Cohort 4 which will begin in the spring of 2019.
Do you have an idea that you think has commercial potential? Do you want to learn some key concepts helpful in business? Do you dream of starting a company sometime in the future?
If your answers are yes, then the Rutgers I-Corps™ Site program may be just what you are looking for. Please read below for additional information and eligibility guidelines.
Rutgers I-Corps™ Site is funded by the National Science Foundation. The Site's goal is to nurture and support multiple, local teams to help transition their technology concepts into the marketplace The Rutgers Site will provide advice, resources, networking opportunities, training and modest funding* to assist teams with the commercialization process and/or into becoming applicants for the National I-Corps™ Team.
Rutgers faculty, staff and students on ALL campuses are eligible to apply to the Rutgers I-Corps site cohorts. The community, and especially Rutgers Alum, are encouraged to participate as team mentors.
Site team ideas or projects can originate from student work, research (funded or unfunded), or institutional projects. The topical focus of a project should be in an area(s) of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) normally supported by the National Science Foundation. Please contact us at email@example.com for questions regarding project eligibility.
Learn more in the Rutgers Today article Bringing a Silicon Valley Approach to Help Rutgers Research Move Beyond the Laboratory, Rutgers launches local National Science Foundation supported program to train scientists to become entrepreneurs .
You must have at least two team members to be accepted to the Rutgers I-Corps Site Program. See the team members tab for a description of the various team members.
We have a rolling interview process and the application for Cohort 4 is currently open. You will be contacted for a phone interview within two weeks of your submission.
If you would like more information about the I-Corps Site program at Rutgers, join our mailing list .
Benefits of participating in I-Corps™ :
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the market; discover new market applications for your innovation - “the Pivot”
- Learn what it takes to commercialize technology and overcome barriers; improve future fundability
- Earn designation as an NSF-funded project >eligible to apply for the National NSF I-Corps™ and a $50k grant
- Receive reimbursement for up to $2500 for Customer Discovery and related expenses
- Foster new collaborations; integrate into the larger Rutgers and regional Innovation Ecosystem
- Connect to “next steps” resources
* I-Corps™ Site funding to teams may support: travel expenses to consult with potential clients or experts; training or education related to entrepreneurial immersion; and resources needed to directly advance the goals of transitioning a team’s project into the marketplace
Mentor the next generation of Innovators
We will also be recruiting Mentors to assist our teams in their customer discovery and commercialization efforts. If you are interested or would like additional information about being a mentor, please fill out our brief survey.
For additional information contact: Mark DeGuzman 973-353-1310 firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori Dars 848-932-4481 email@example.com